The Louisiana Children’s Museum is New Orleans’ most playful and educational place for children and families! Discover more than 30,000 square feet of hands-on, interactive exhibits that invite and engage children and families as they explore art, music, science, math, and health, and role-playing environments. Learning has never been more fun!
The Louisiana Children’s Museum was rated the top-rated children’s museums of all surveyed by the U.S. Family Travel Guide, released by the Zagat Survey ® in 2004. The Zagat survey also named this museum the “ #1 attraction for Child Appeal.”
Here you and your family will find:
- Little Port of New Orleans — Pilot a towboat down the Mighty Mississippi. Captain a container ship or maneuver a gantry crane to load cargo onto a big rig truck. Serve a hearty make-believe meal in the cruise ship galley. Crawl through a barge. Trace the origins of cargo and their shipping routes around the world on an interactive world map.
- Fetch! – Explore the Fetch! Challenge Lab. Based on the popular PBS television show, discover why kites fly, boats float, liquids turn to solids and much more.
- Eye to Eye — Step into giant eyeballs! Peer through their lenses to understand the eye’s anatomy and function. Peek through magical masks for a glimpse of how a hawk, a fish, or even a honeybee, sees its surroundings. Visit a kid-sized eye clinic where kids pretend to be ophthalmologists or patients.
- Kids’ Café — All kids have an appetite for learning! Pretend that you’re a waiter or waitress, chef or dinner guest in a five-star, role-play café.
- First Adventures — Even little ones have a special space to crawl, climb and explore in an enclosed playscape designed for infants and toddlers.
Shop for groceries in a pint-sized grocery store, step inside of a giant bubble, or create a one-of-a-kind work of art in Art Trek…and lots, lots more!
The LCM Gift Shop is on the first floor and is filled with irresistible playthings, puzzles, games, science kits and party favors. The Museum is handicapped accessible.