June 3-4, 2017
Celebrate, taste, slurp and savor all things oyster at New Orleans Oyster Festival. This free, two-day food festival applauds the French Quarter’s position as the “Oyster Capital of America” while educating the public about the benefits of the eating from the Louisiana Gulf and raising funds for Louisiana coastal restoration.
Located in Woldenberg Park on June 3rd and 4th, Oyster Fest highlights unique dishes and flavors from various local restaurants. From 10:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., live music, arts and crafts and various contests will also take place. Don’t miss the famous oyster shucking and eating competitions! There will also be a New Orleans Fish House Largest Oyster Contest throughout the event among various Louisiana Oyster Farms.
The full schedule includes:
Saturday June 3rd
- Ponchartrain Wrecks – 10:30am-11:45am
- P&J Oyster Shucking Contest – 12:00pm-12:45pm
- Billy Iuso & Restless Natives – 1:00pm-2:30pm
- Mike Doussan Band – 2:45pm-4:15pm
- Bonerama – 4:30pm-6:00pm
- Flow Tribe – 6:30pm-8:00pm
- P&J Shucking Contest
Sunday June 4th
- Gospel Performance – 10:30am-11:30am
- Acme Oyster Eating Contest – 11:45am-1:00pm
- Luke Winslow King – 1:15pm-2:45pm
- The Mulligan Brothers – 3:00pm-4:30pm
- Brass-A-Holics – 4:45pm-6:15pm
- Bag of Donuts – 6:45pm-8:00pm
- Acme Oyster House World Oyster Eating Championship
A cooking demonstration stage will feature Chef Demo’s and Brass Band performances between 11:00am and 5:00pm both days.
A variety of oyster dishes will be available at the festival!
Food Vendors throughout the years have included Acme Oyster House, Drago’s Seafood , Jacques-Imo’s, Luke, Antoine’s, Café Reconcile and many more. Dishes have included everything from Oyster Po-boys and Oyster Tacos to Oyster Rockefeller and Oyster Gumbo.
Other various seafood dishes are served as well.
Stay tuned to the festival’s official website for details on food vendors.
For more information about New Orleans Oyster Festival, visit www.nolaoysterfest.org